1. The color change. Okay, I know this one is obvious, but I love everything about it. I love how it seems to happen so gradually, but so quickly at the same time. I love driving down the highway and visually drinking in the colors of the trees. I love the contrast of the yellows and reds to the crisp evergreens. I love how the view outside my deck changes daily.
2. Taking a long walk and enjoying it with all my senses. Gabe and I love to walk among the beauty of the forest. We delight in the sound of the crunch under our feet as we trample the fallen leaves. The cool breeze on our cheeks brings the unique fall aroma that only comes with the decaying leaves, and ripening apples. We reach as high as we can on our apple tree, for the reddest apples, and bite into tart flesh. The juice drips down our chins.
3. Pumpkin spice everything. Candles, air fresheners, lotion, and most important: Lattes.
4. Creative inspiration. Autumn brings out my creative side. It must be because of the beauty and creativity I see all around me–the result of our Creator. When I view the color changes every year I have always felt restless, as if I am being urged to do something. This fall I have responded to this urge by getting out my camera, my sketchbook, and my paints.
5. School supplies. Okay, I may be a huge nerd, but I love the smell and feel of fresh pencils, notebooks, glue, crayons…
6. Football games. Nothing says fall like spending a Friday night in the stands of a high school football game.
7. My growing collection of scarves. This one speaks for itself, I think.
8. Bonfires. I love a good campfire during the summer. But there is just something special about a fall bonfire. Sitting as close to the fire as possible to stay warm, roasting hot dogs and marshmallows. I don’t even like marshmallows, but it’s all part of the experience, right?
9. Coffee. I think that anytime I make a list of anything, coffee is on there somewhere. I like my coffee hot so I don’t drink it much during the summer. Fall brings back the cooler mornings which are perfect for sipping a hot drink.
10. Fall wardrobe. Jeans. Sweaters. Boots. Warm socks. Scarves (wait, did I already mention that? Oh well). Fall is the season for dressing comfy and cozy.
What do you love about the autumn months?